T&F Jobs: Music Researcher (M/F/X) – Berlin
Who we are: a leading European music supervision company working for the world’s top-notch brands
At Tracks & Fields we believe in the power of a song. A song can change your mood, get you through the day or become the soundtrack of your life. Our work is a daily treasure hunt for germs of fantastic music by upcoming artists, the hottest Indie signings and established stars so that we can pair them with film projects from the world’s leading ad agencies, brands and production companies. We understand how a song can take a film to the next level as well as recognising the impact a great sync deal has on the career of an artist. Your work helps to make a great film even greater and put excellent music in from of millions if eyes and ears.
What do we offer?
- an ambitious work environment: we want to win projects, client’s hearts and awards
- a young and dynamic team in the heart of Berlin Mitte
- international clients and teammates
- innovative work applications (developed in-house)
- a full-time position in a company in the creative hotspot of advertising and music
As a music researcher you are part of the creative force of the company. Your job is all about finding the right music for our projects and securing the music rights. Being in touch with artists, labels and publishers your work ensures our high demands in music proposals in both ways – creatively and feasibly.
What will your tasks be?
- you think of music ideas and creative strategies for our projects
- you support our team with your music expertise and targeted searches in incoming projects
- you ensure that approvals for music proposals are in place
- you negotiate song uses
- you get in touch with artists and help them if they have questions concerning our projects
What kind of person are we looking for?
- first experience in the area of licensing and music pitching (e.g. at a label, publisher or synch agency) or at a role that is deeply linked to the creative side of choosing music (i.e. for an advertising agency, radio station or magazine)
- highly interested in music and synch licensing
- being able to decide which songs work for advertising and film use and separate what brings a film forward from your personal taste
- you really know your music: you know the hottest bands right now and have a deep music knowledge spanning the last five decades
- diligent and precise in your work
- communicative, self-confident
- able to independently follow your tasks
- fluent in English (preferable also another major language)
- familiar with social networks, internet research, and the usual office software programs
- you are a good fit with our company values being curious, fair, responsible and diligent
How to apply:
- please send 3 links to three songs from unknown artists that in your opinion would work with a commercial for a car model (does not need to be an existing commercial)
- send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation as pdf attachments (no word files) to: jobs – at – tracksandfields.com
- use “music researcher” in the subject line
We are looking forward to receiving your application!